The basic purpose of AniTuner is to create, edit and convert Windows animated cursors (.ani files).
AniTuner makes the creation and edition of these animated cursors easy: everyone can create his/her own animated cursors in a snap. You can use animated cursors not only to customize the appearance of Windows (desktop themes) but also to produce animations for your Web pages, e-mails, documents, manuals or even applications.
* open and display any animated cursor.
* convert animated GIF and AVI into animated cursors (ANI).
* import existing image files (BMP, GIF, PNG, PSD, ICO, CUR...) to turn them into cursors or animated cursors.
* export frames from your animated cursors to several image formats.
* modify existing animated cursors and change their color depth or size.
* convert animated cursors into animated GIF, AVI, static bitmaps or even Macromedia Flash SWF movies.
* edit frames, change their duration, modify them in your favorite image editor and save changes back to the animated cursor.
* AniTuner handles all cursor sizes (not only 32x32) & color depths (from 1bpp to 32bpp).
* special support for 32-bit cursors with a 8-bit alpha channel (partial transparency for Windows 2000/XP).
* turn your old 16 or 256-color animated cursors into 32-bit animated cursors with a semi-transparent shadow for Windows XP.
* export (and import) animated cursors as a series of PNG files (with alpha channel optionally) for easy editing.
* create animated GIFs, small Flash movies using the Frame editor and the Import/Export functions.
* browse for animated cursors on your computer and easily preview them.